Vendors Griblin Engineering

November 30th, -0001

Mic Kaczmarczik’s Griblin Engineering Information

Griblin Engineering


Griblin Engineering

This directory contains USENET articles Mic has saved about guitars, equipment, pickup, techniques, players, and so on. Mic has graciously granted permission to post the stuff on the JT30 page on the off chance that it might be useful in the context of Blues Harmonica. Mic is not responsible for the content, just the collection.


Griblin Engineering

Griblin Engineering

From mick.mclaughli–(at)– Mon Dec 2 12:51:16 CST 1996
Newsgroups: alt.guitar.amps
Subject: New (Old) Twin Reverb
From: mick.mclaughli–(at)– (Mick Mclaughlin)
Date: 1 Dec 96 02:00:00



>I just got a ’71 (non-master volume) Twin Reverb. It sounds fantastic,
>assuming you like Fenders. Anyway, I wanted to know what kind of
>things I should have checked out by a tech, such as filter caps, tube
>sockets, wiring, etc. Also, I’d like to know where to get good cheap
>replacement parts such as the rails on the top, the handle, the tilt
>back legs, tolex, grill cloth, etc. I’d like to restore it so it
>sounds AND looks good. Thanks in advance.

Antique Electronic Supply (602-820-5411) has grill cloth and cabinet
coverings. The black/silver/white grill cloth (S-G303) used in your amp
is $9.90 per linear foot, 32″ wide. The black tolex (S-G306) is $10.00
per linear foot, 54″ wide. They also have a good, reasonably priced
selection of electronics and books.

Griblin Engineering (1-800-605-2677) has the same as above at a better
price (both–(at)–4.95/yard), but they only sell by the yard. They also
carry all of the hardware you need for the amp. Chassis straps (rails)
are $12 per pair. Tilt back legs are $59 per pair. Their electronics
are a little pricey though.

Filter caps should be Sprague or Illinois Standard. Griblin is the
cheapest source I know for these at the moment. However, anything else
that you can’t find through Antique Electronic Supply, you can get from
Mouser Electronics (800-346-6873 or I use them
for electrolic caps and pots.

You might check Mojo for hardware, though their prices are pretty high.
Then again, if you can’t find it anywhere else… Anyway, they are on
the Web. Just do a search on “Mojo”.

Hope this helps.

Mick McLaughlin



3 Prong AC Outlets
4 section can cap
Amp Covers
Amp Kits
Antique Electronics Phone
Deluxe kit
EMC Transformers
Fenton Catalog
Frontier Capacitor
Griblin Engineering
Grounded Outlet Source
Hicks Mender options
Hoffman address
HOLCO resistors
Houston Tubes
Keystone Turrets
Klon Phone Number
Kustom parts
MCM electronics
MECI Electronics
MicroSemi Zeners
Orange Drops SBE
PAiA catalog
Parts Connection
Parts is Parts
Schematic T Shirts
SCR cap source
Socket Saver source
Stomp Switch Sources
Stomp Switches at GEO
Stomp Switches
Torres Engineering
Transformer source
Tweed Bandmaster Kit
Vendor Allied Electronics
Vendor Mojo phone number
Vintage Amp
Wholesale tubes

micK pages
Q & A


Premier Gallery A Blues Harp Player's Guide to Amplifiers
Silvertone & Harmony Amp Gallery Masco Gallery
Twin 8 Project Lectrolab Gallery
Gibson Schematics Stalking the Wild Premier
Harp Amp Secrets and Tips by Gerald Weber 2001 Auburn Guitar Show Pictures
2001 Saratoga Springs Guitar Show 2001 South Jersey Guitar Show
Transformer Specs 2003 Auburn Guitar Show
Lectrolab R800 Project Epiphone Valve Junior Review
Harpin Help 2001 Fall Philly Guitar Show
Little Charlie and the Night Cats Gary Primich at Isabels
90.5 "the Night" 6th Annual Guitar Show Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets Feb 22, 2003
Mic Kaczmarczik's USENET Articles
Circuits Guitars
Fender Amps Tubes
DIY (do it yourself) Caps
qanda (Questions and Answers) Speakers
Vendors Effects

On Ebay